Rewriting battery rules. 100% storage. 100% available
Redflow’s ZBM2 battery is a unique energy storage system that redefines your understanding of how a battery works. This scalable 10 kilowatt-hour (kWh) zinc-bromine flow battery can deliver 100 per cent depth of discharge each day – without causing any damage to the battery.
High performance. At high temperatures
The ZBM2 performs flawlessly in warm climatic conditions without external cooling. Unlike legacy battery chemistries, the performance, safety and operational lifetime of the ZBM2 zinc-bromine flow battery is unaffected by ambient temperatures as warm as 50°C (122°F).
Redflow backs ZBM2 with a 10-year warranty (see full warranty for details).
Scalable storage. From one to dozens
The ZBM2 zinc-bromine flow battery is designed to work on its own and can also scale to work as part of a much larger energy storage system, with as many batteries as you require. ZBM2s are easy to deploy in scalable parallel clusters for high availability, high scale deployments at the largest sites.
Internet-ready. For easy remote access
The ZBM2 battery management system (BMS) captures performance data in real-time to enable 24/7 remote monitoring. Monitor and manage your ZBM2 batteries from your computer or mobile phone, using easy web-based notifications and controls.
Environment-friendly battery. Fully recyclable
The ZBM2 zinc-bromine flow battery is made from easily recycled or reused components. At its end of life, the battery’s zinc bromide electrolyte solution can be purified and used for new batteries.
Safe energy storage. Wherever you need it
ZBM2s are intrinsically safe devices, even when used in the most demanding locations. The temperature-tolerant zinc-bromine flow battery contains an inherently non-flammable electrolyte solution, with a design that means there’s no chance of ‘thermal runaway’.
Simple. One-step charging
Using 100 per cent of its 10 kWh energy storage capacity, Redflow’s ZBM2 zinc-bromine flow battery delivers a constant power supply, due to a flat voltage curve and simple one-stage charge profile.
Standby for years. Start in seconds
The ZBM2 zinc-bromine flow battery can be stored at any state of charge – from full to empty – for weeks, months or even years. When you need power, the ZBM2’s Standby Power System (SPS) can start the battery in seconds, ready to deliver its stored energy.
Redflow. Redefines the battery
Redflow’s zinc-bromine flow battery redefines your understanding of how a battery works. With 100 per cent depth of discharge daily, the ZBM2 delivers a sustained 10kWh of energy storage capacity throughout its operating life.
ZBM2 Technical Specifications
- 48 Volt DC nominal batteries (typical operating range 40-60V)
- Maximum 10kWh energy output per daily cycle
- No reserved battery capacity requirement – full 10kWh cycle depth available
- 845 L x 823 H x 400 W (mm)
- 33 L x 32 H x 16 W (in)
- 240 kg (530 lb) with electrolyte
- 90 kg (198 lb) without electrolyte
- 100 L (26Gal)
- 80% DC-DC Max
Internal (electrolyte) operating temperature
- Operating electrolyte temperature range of 15°C to 50°C (59°F to 122°F), ZBM2 can typically operate at ambient temperatures outside this range for extended periodsE
- MODBUS RS485
Safety data sheet
- DG Class 8 for electrolyte
- 3kW (5kW peak)
- 3kW continuous: current up to 75A (40V disconnection point) *1
- 5kW duration depending on the State of Charge (SOC): current up to 125A (40V disconnection point) *1, 2
Regulatory compliance marks
- CE and RCM
- Redflow backs ZBM2 with a 10-year warranty (see full warranty for details).
* 1 Values reported for ZBM2 at 100% state of health (SOH) and room temperature
* 2 Redflow internal testing shows a 5kW supply for approximately 45 minutes before disconnection, for a ZBM2 starting at 100% state of charge (SOC)
Please contact us for further details on this option.